Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thinking Bloggers?

I was tagged as a "thinking blogger" a few weeks ago by Moondanzer. In mulling over who among my fellow bloggers is deserving of similar recognition, I found that many of those whose thoughts I find enlightening have already been tagged with this award. Some standout examples: Virus Head, grrlscientist, Greg Laden, Cheryl Rofer, and Moondanzer herself.

I am tagging the following as "thinking bloggers":

  1. Imnakoya - a Nigerian living in Minnesota who posts on sociopolitical and economic issues.
  2. Akin - a Nigerian computer consultant working on a Masters degree at a university in the Netherlands.
  3. Carol - an advocate for peace who express her "View of It" without reservation on varied interests - Politics, Activism, Current Events, News and more.
  4. Holly GL - Stephanie loves to write and has a devoted following of readers who comment and always receive prompt and insightful replies.
  5. Joe Vecchio - my former housemate in Atlanta, recently relocated to Chicago. Joe is the internet's voice of the working man.


To my knowledge, none of the above has been recognized as a "thinking blogger" yet. My choices emphasize Nigerians, women, and leftists; categories which all appear to be underrepresented among those tagged to date. On the other hand, most of those whose blogs I read to keep up on science had already been tagged.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good words, Don. And thanks for spreading the love. Or thinking, I guess. ;-)

CKR

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

As Moondanzer remarked in tagging me, it is really hard to pick just five.

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Hi Don,
I am so honored that you thought of me in this Category. I will happily take up the banner and pass this on to five other "thinkers"
Thanks again,
Carol

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

Carol - Great! Take your time in making your choices. It took me at least two weeks.

 
At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Don;
Congratulations on being tagged for the 'Thinking Blogger' Award!

:) Anna

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

Anna - You are welcome. I just started reading your posts, or I would have definitely had you on the list as well.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger MoonDanzer said...

Don as I knew you would, you have indeed made excellent choices. I am so happy for you and for all of the others. I don't know if I said it when I passed along this baton to you, but, if I didn't, I will say it now. Long may you continue to blog!-Jackie

 
At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears I joined the party late...Sorry friend I have been so busy lately; I will process, and thanks for the nomination.

 
At 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Don,

Thank you for considering me as a Thinking Blogger - I would as you have advised seek out the other blogs that make me think and commend them.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

Imnakoya and Akin - Thinking always takes time.

 
At 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The author of gamoonbat.blogspot.com has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: No matter how long you work at a puzzle trying to solve it, someone will come along and give you the answer after looking for two seconds. Thanks for the info.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home