I was tagged as a "thinking blogger" a few weeks ago by Moondanzer. In mulling over who among my fellow bloggers is deserving of similar recognition, I found that many of those whose thoughts I find enlightening have already been tagged with this award. Some standout examples: Virus Head, grrlscientist, Greg Laden, Cheryl Rofer, and Moondanzer herself.
I am tagging the following as "thinking bloggers":
- Imnakoya - a Nigerian living in Minnesota who posts on sociopolitical and economic issues.
- Akin - a Nigerian computer consultant working on a Masters degree at a university in the Netherlands.
- Carol - an advocate for peace who express her "View of It" without reservation on varied interests - Politics, Activism, Current Events, News and more.
- Holly GL - Stephanie loves to write and has a devoted following of readers who comment and always receive prompt and insightful replies.
- Joe Vecchio - my former housemate in Atlanta, recently relocated to Chicago. Joe is the internet's voice of the working man.
To my knowledge, none of the above has been recognized as a "thinking blogger" yet. My choices emphasize Nigerians, women, and leftists; categories which all appear to be underrepresented among those tagged to date. On the other hand, most of those whose blogs I read to keep up on science had already been tagged.