Saturday, July 14, 2007

Typhoon Man-Yi

My brother flew back to Japan yesterday, and his plane should have arrived by now. Typhoon Man-Yi has now made land on the southern island of Kyushu, packing winds of up to 216 km/h (134 mph). That makes it a Category 4 on the Saffir-Simpson scale. Man-Yi is not expected to make it to Tokyo where my brother lives and works until sometime tomorrow morning.

Jeff Masters discusses the Man-Yi news at Wunder Blog and provides live links.

Really cool real-time radar from Japan! I wish that I could read the Japanese, though.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger Carol said...

That's so scary! Have you heard from your brother?

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

I did hear from my brother late last night. It was raining when hw got in, but the storm was still on its way. He was not expecting a major flood there.

 
At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even when a hurricane misses you directly, its still so scary. The incessant sound of the wind is just terrifying.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for letting me know don, I was a bit concerned. Glad to hear that he is safe :)

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

I suspect that he was more disturbed by this earthquake than by the typhoon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home