Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yearly Kos

I have never been particularly active in politics here in the United States. Paradoxically, I think that my cynicism may have developed from living in Washington, D.C. for most of my first twelve years of growing up. When I lived in Atlanta back in 2004 and 2005, though, I had a housemate who was very passionate about politics and was involved in unions as well as in the local Democratic Party. My old housemate, Joe Vecchio, has since moved to Chicago. Although he is still struggling to make a living at a variety of jobs, as he was when I knew him in Atlanta, Joe managed to attend much of the recent "Yearly Kos" convention of progressives up there in Chicago. He has now posted a total of fifteen interviews that he recorded at the convention with a variety of luminaries from political life, the blogosphere, and the main stream media. I am just starting to listen to these myself, since my new teaching position is already starting to keep me very busy. I also have a new choir to sing in, about which I will have more to say soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home