Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bell's Palsy

I watch Democracy Now two or three times a week streaming on the internet. Sometime late last week I started noticing that Amy Goodman, the host of the program, was not moving one side of her face. Apparently, she has a temporary condition called Bell's Palsy which has something to do with the nerves and muscles of the face. One seemingly authoritative source, theherblady, states that it can be related to osteoporosis and mineral deficiencies, common in women her age. I hope that Amy is taking as good care of herself as she is of those of us who listen to her speak truth to power.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Button Gwinnett said...

I don't make the time to watch Democracy Now nearly enough. But I too had thought I noticed something about Amy. I mostly read her columns that are often times on Alternet, and I enjoy reading her opinions and watching her interviews. So I also wish Amy well. Her voice is valuable.

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

The turn to the right in American politics gave Amy a real break in terms of having material and interest for an hour-long show streaming on the internet. Almost every day that I watch there is something on there that has not been picked up yet in the MSM. At least one of her former employees, Jeremy Scahill, has gone on to great success on their own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home