Saturday, November 03, 2007


Power Shift, 2007

Some of my students told me this past week that they would be missing class this Monday for a trip to Washington, D.C. I soon found out that these students, members of the Students Against Violating the Environment (SAVE) group here at VSU, will be participating in a national consciousness-raising event called "Power Shift."

From what I am learning about this event, I am very proud of my students and even a bit jealous. Tonight's rally is apparently being held at the University of Maryland, and the students will then travel to Capitol Hill on Monday to rally for increased federal environmental legislation. I just hope that they do not wind up getting hauled off to jail by the Capitol police. A few of them are a bit brash and outspoken.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home