Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Excellent Blog Awards

I received my E over a year ago from George, the Decrepit Old Fool, but I apparently neglected to pass the award on as requested. I am certain that I would have chosen a completely different set had I attended to this right away. The list below suggests that I have become a bit more focused on geology, which is only partially true. There really are quite a lot of excellent geologists who are also excellent bloggers.

Ron Schott
Volcanista
Clastic Detritus (Brian Romans)
Lounge of the Lab Lemming

Evolution... not just a theory anymore (Greg Laden)
De Rerum Natura (Reed Cartwright)
Grrlscientist (Devorah Bennu)
Imnakoya's Grandiose Parlor
Loomnie
Cup O'Joe

The "Excellent Blog" Award appears to have originated with Project Mommy, a blog written by Shannymar about her daughter Kayla. Brandy Betz, creator of Moue Magazine, described the spirit of the award when she passed hers on back in February of 2008.

I will have more to say about each of my excellent bloggers later. If you have read this far, please do yourself a favor and support Grrlscientist Devorah Bennu in her campaign to blog an expedition to Antarctica. She has 715 votes and is only a few hundred away from winning.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:38 AM , Anonymous Loomnie said...

Wow! Thanks a lot!!

 
At 2:52 PM , Anonymous BrianR said...

yea! thanks for the 'award'!

 
At 11:54 PM , Anonymous imnakoya said...

How did I miss this? Thanks Don!

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

@BrianR - Your blog is great and showcases excellent research. Keep it up!

@Imnakoya - I may have forgotten to send you an email notification. It was a busy time for African blogs because of the Obamas trip to Ghana.

 
At 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like the colour.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Don Thieme said...

I do prefer "colour" to "color." That was how I learned it in Nigeria.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home