Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lagos up close... and open to interpretation

Sokari Ekine, who blogs at Black Looks, has an interesting essay about Lagos up at the New Internationalist Blog. Sokari reviews a recent television program which focused on the resourcefulness of the poor in Lagos.


In spite of all the current interest, I know that Lagos remains a dangerous place to visit for foreigners traveling from overseas. In fact, I was just speaking with a colleague on the Chemistry faculty here at VSU. He regularly flies in and out of Lagos to visit family. I was telling him that if I traveled to Nigeria I would probably go by way of Abuja. Perhaps the security will improve soon, or perhaps I will make some friends and acquaintances who can meet me when I arrive.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home